Dentists in 77584
All of us have experienced bad breath at an inconvenient time at one point or another in our lives. There are a wide range of reasons that cause bad breath or halitosis. However, our team at Aqua Dental in Pearland, Texas provides a wide range of practical solutions and education to patients in the nearby area. Are you affected by bad breath? If so, continue reading on to learn of six easy at-home remedies for fresher breath!
Below are a series of bad breath remedies that our dentists in 77584 recommend to patients:
- Salt Water Rinse. Salt water has a variety of benefits to your health, especially for your oral hygiene. All you need is a glass of warm water and salt. Mix them together and swish it around in your mouth for about 30 seconds.
- Cloves. Cloves help to freshen up your breath and have the added benefit of fighting bacteria that could lead to tooth decay. The best method is to simply suck on pieces of cloves each day. Oils or powder can cause more damage than good.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Bad breath caused by foods can be managed with apple cider vinegar. Mix a small amount with a glass of water in order to neutralize the odor.
- Regular diet of fruit and vegetables. Healthy and crunchy snacks, such as celery and carrots, help to work as a toothbrush in a way. These vegetables also help to stimulate the production of the saliva. This is another way to fight against bad breath.
- DIY alcohol free mouthwash. Mouthwashes that contain alcohol will dry out the mouth and allow for bacteria to enter. Talk to our dentists near you for a healthy recipe that can improve your smile.
- Tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is commonly used to fight against bacteria. It works just as well in your mouth and can be used with toothpaste or just the oil alone.
Dentist in Pearland, TX
Contact our dental team at Aqua Dental to book your next appointment today and learn more practical ways you can protect your smile.